Your privacy is important to us. It is Lux Balear’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, luxbalear.com
- What Information May We Collect From You
- pieces of information that you provide when filling out forms on our website; and information given in hard copy form or by any other means providing: your name; date of birth; address; interests; marketing preferences; phone number; when appropriate your credit information; and any other personal information relevant to the services we provide. This information may be provided when you are registering interest, transacting with us, subscribing to our services or for newsletters or requesting information
- correspondence or other contacts you may have with us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website, and any communications by telephone, in person or by any other means relating to those transactions. This may include recording certain telephone conversations, for example relating to live bidding;
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs or other communication data and the resources you access.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
We may collect information about your computer, including your internet address, operating system and browser type when you visit us. Your internet address is used to help identify and gather statistical or demographic information about our customers generally. We also use this information for internal system administration to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website and the customer or user experience.
- How We Use Information About You
We (Lux Balear) collect Personal Data directly from you as well as from other available sources to the extent relevant and permitted by applicable local law. We endeavor only to collect Personal Data that are necessary for the purpose(s) for which they are collected and to retain such data for no longer than necessary for such purpose(s):
- providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant. This could include but is not limited to auctions, private sales, storage services and transportation, valuations, real estate;
- to maintain contact with clients;
- notifying you about changes to our products and services;
- ensuring that our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- selling or purchasing property or services
- (unless you object,) advising you of forthcoming sales, events and services. We may contact you for the above purposes by telephone call, email, text or SMS messaging and other means.
- How We Store Your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
- Sharing of Information
We may from time to time, however, need to disclose your personal data to certain third parties.
- Agents or Contractors of Lux Balear
We may need to disclose certain personal information to our Agents or Contractors to enable Lux Balear Real Estate to process transactions or communicate with you. Where we do so it will be on the basis that these agents/contractors are required to keep the information confidential and secure, and will not use the information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Lux Balear Real Estate.
- Anti-Money Laundering and Regulatory Authorities
We may need to retain and disclose certain information about you to regulatory authorities and to appropriate agencies to conduct anti-money laundering and trade sanction checks and to assist with fraud prevention, in particular, in compliance with our AML obligations and in relation to trade sanctions. We will disclose this information as is required by law.
- Credit Agencies
We may need to disclose certain personal information about you to credit agencies to conduct appropriate checks when you are transacting with us.
- Legal Disclosures
While we will not voluntarily disclose your personal data we may disclose such information if we are required to do so by a valid Court Order, if we are lawfully requested by government or law enforcement authorities, if we are required to do so pursuant to other legal processes, or if it becomes necessary to protect the rights or property of Lux Balear Real Estate.
- Ads and Analytics Partners
We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc (1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or, if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”)) on our website. This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes. The legal basis for the use of this service is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Right to access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Right to require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Right to require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- Right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- Right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Right to object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- Right to otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Right to claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact us using our Contact details below
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address, and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
- Whom to contact
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Our website may contain links to other companies’ websites and services that have privacy policies of their own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of others and we recommend you read their privacy notices.
- How to Contact Us
Carrer de la Marina 10